In the wake of Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the world is in the state of a medical emergency. There are several fatalities recorded from across the globe in the last few months. Now is the time to be responsible and stand together in fighting these times of crisis. The food business is one of the most deeply affected by the current situation. Let’s understand what we as restaurant owners or F&B business owners can do to prevent the further spread of COVID-19.
SAFETY IS SUPREME
It is extremely important to exercise safety and precaution over cure! How do we do that? Well, hygiene is the key.
- Keeping your surroundings clean and sanitized at all given times.
- Installing good quality of alcohol-based hand sanitizers or hand rubs right at the entrance and at each table.
- Instructing your staff to wear a mouth mask, head cap and gloves at all times.
- Educating your staff about self-hygiene and restaurant’s hygiene.
- Washing hands diligently with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds each time must be advised to all staff at the restaurant.
- No staff with sickness be allowed to enter the restaurant premises.
- Any signs of cough, cold, flu, fever, body aches etc seen in your staff need to be addressed immediately.
- Encouraging the customers to take away food or to call in for delivery instead of dine-in. This will help in social distancing.
- Your delivery staff must be well secured with a mouth mask, gloves and best instructed to exercise contactless delivery.
- If not pause the operations, then consider operating offline for a few days; will help in contactless operations and social distancing.
In the end, it is very important to NOT PANIC, BUT BE DILIGENT IN PRACTICING PRECAUTION AND MAINTAINING HYGIENE. Refer to the World Health Organization’s website for more information on COVID-19. Do not refer or respond to fake news or rumours. Before sharing any information or news check them diligently with verified sources such as the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare or World Health Organization.
Let us practice social distancing yet stand together in one thought and one action – to stay safe and save all! – Team Wish A Dish